SCHOOL BOARD SEAT VACANCY
The school board of the Chugach School District is announcing a vacancy for Seat A in Section1 (Whittier) on the school board. The board will appoint within 30 days a qualified person to fill the seat. (AS.14.12.070) The person appointed will fill the role until the next election in October, 2022. Applicants must be legal citizens living in Whittier and qualified to vote.
If you are interested in being considered for this seat, please contact Shary at the district office for an application. Her contact number is 522-7400 and her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The board will accept applications until 5pm on January 16th.
- Applicants will be announced on January 17th.
- Public input will be accepted until 5pm January 24th.
- The board will review applications, public input, and conduct interviews of applicants in executive session at a special board meeting on Thursday, January 27th.
- Immediately following the interviews, the board will vote on their selection in the public portion of their meeting and announce their choice.
If you have any questions about the position or the process, please contact Mike Hanley, the district superintendent, at 522-7400 or email@example.com.