Come join Chugach School District's Indian Parent Committee!
Interested in making a difference for your Alaska Native and American Indian Students?
Purpose: Bringing together Alaska Native and American Indian parents and family members, high school students, local Tribal officials, and teachers that are able to meet regularly throughout the school year to provide input and feedback on Indian Educator programming to the CSD Superintendent and Indian Education Director.
Here are the basic requirements to join this committee:
- Alaska Native/American Indian Parent, Family members, and High School Students
- Local Tribal Officials
- Teachers of Alaska Native and American Indian Students
- Monthly meeting participation to the greatest extent possible (1-2 hour meetings - virtual)
- Provide input and feedback to support Indian Education in Chugach School District
- Review and provide input on applying and qualifying for the annual Indian Education Formula Grant Application (small federal grant to assist in meeting the educational and culturally-related academic needs of Alaska Native and American Indian Students: Approximately $23,000)
- Interested in volunteering to be part of this committee: Contact Debbie Treece, Indian Education Director/District Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-522-7400
Have questions and need more information? Please attend one or more of the information Zoom meetings on November 4, 2021 (2 sessions: 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm) for Questions & Answers, discuss roles and responsibilities of the committee and elected officers.
- Depending upon the level of interest, the initial 2021 Indian Parent Committee will be scheduled the first weeks in December. Mike Hanley, Superintendent Chugach School District
Mike Handley, Superintendent
Chugach School District